42. Book Review: The Secret History (2014)

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Secret History by Donna Tartt

Synopsis
Under the influence of their charismatic classics professor, a group of clever, eccentric misfits at an elite New England college discover a way of thinking and living that is a world away from the humdrum existence of their contemporaries. But when they go beyond the boundaries of normal morality their lives are changed profoundly and forever, and they discover how hard it can be to truly live and how easy it is to kill.

Review
Right away I have to say that I don't think the book had anything to do with the publishers synopsis above. Or I missed it some how? I was a little hesitant to read this after already reading a Donna Tartt book this year.  The Goldfinch was long and a little on the heavy side so I had reservations about getting into another similar book.  
Let me just say, the weird synopsis and The Goldfinch aside - this book was outstanding!  I can't believe this book isn't more 'mainstream' to be honest.  It's brilliant and so addicting.  I loved and hated the characters.  Richard was a brilliant narrator. The scenery was stunning and I never wanted the story to end.  This has instantly shot to one of my all time favorite books and definitely one of my favorites this year for sure. Get this book, read it… be swept away by the drama and tight knit cast of characters.
Also, if you have read this, don't you think it would make a brilliant movie!?

Other books you may like…
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment