50. Book Review: The Great Gatsby (2014)

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Synopsis
This exemplary novel of the Jazz Age has been acclaimed by generations of readers. The story of the fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby and his love for the beautiful Daisy Buchanan, of lavish parties on Long Island at a time when The New York Times noted “gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession,” it is an exquisitely crafted tale of America in the 1920s.

Review
For my 50th book this year (I met my goal!) I decided to go with an easy and enjoyable read that would be a good companion to the holidays.  For some reason classics seem to perfectly pair with the Christmas break.  This was my third time reading this book and more enjoyable than the previous times.  This is such a fun and easy book to read. I often find myself reading and re-reading passages just because of how eloquent or absolutely perfect they are. This book was a great way to end the year!

Other classic books you may like…
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment